Kickboxing is a workout that gives A LOT. Instead of doing multiple workouts, you get all the same benefits and more.
To be totally fit, there are 5 components: body composition, cardio endurance, flexibility, muscular endurance and strength. Kickboxing focuses on all five while getting your heart rate up and strengthening your muscles at the same time.
You learn self-defense, increase your fitness levels and engage your entire body and the benefits of kickboxing are numerous. From your core, arms and shoulder to your legs and glutes, kickboxing also strengthens your muscles while increasing your stamina — and gives you a tough cardio workout to boot.
This complete fitness workout strengthens your body much quicker than other exercise programs. You learn Functional Fitness to use multiple muscle groups in an integrated way, and with this High Intensity Interval Training there is an “after burn” effect, so you increase your metabolism and burn more calories for up to 24 hours after.Here is a highlight of just a few of the amazing benefits of kickboxing that will make you put on your gloves and get into to the ring.
- Kickboxing can burn up to 750 calories an hour and continues to burn a ton of calories hours after you’ve finished working out. It’s like overtime for your body! You’re burning higher calories and not even working out.
- It improves muscular strength and endurance.
- Kickboxing saves time. You only need one method of exercise to get a total body workout that improves strength, flexibility, coordination, balance, cardiovascular, stress reduction and self-defense skills. Plus, it increases energy levels.
- It’s a kickass total body workout combining cardio and resistance training.
- All the bobbing, weaving and twisting is an incredible ab and back workout.
- Kicking is an awesome leg and butt workout.
- All the punches will give you some cut arms
- Beating on a heavy bag is probably the only socially acceptable way to punch out your boss. It’s amazing stress relief.
- It boosts your self-confidence. Walking down the street with some kickass in your back pocket will certainly make you feel like you can take on the world.
- It burns FAT. Kickboxing is interval training – explosive movement followed by reduced intensity followed by more explosive movement.
- It’s never boring because you can change up your workout every time. Who’s face do you see on the bag this workout?
Did you know there were these many benefits of kickboxing? Are you kickboxing? If not, what’s stopping you? Can’t be the reasons I listed above.